The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Merry Christmas 2007


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Mowerys!


Here the girls are enjoying some of their most favorite presents. We now have Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella living in our home! Thanks Gurrs! Also Grandma and Papa Mowery, after many hours of searching, managed to find everything our girls asked for for Christmas - a stuffed mongoose (Ricki-Ticki-Tavi) and lynx for Manon and a stuffed guinea pig and purple puppy for Henna. I have spent years searching for a toy mongoose on the Internet but have never found one. I am so amazed at Judith's ability to find things. I can't wait to ask her how she did it.
Judah playing with his new "Bob the Builder" toys.

Judah also got a dump truck that he can ride on. He has not been off of it all week! I think he's really happy to finally have some "boy" toys to play with. Baby dolls are okay, but you can only rip the arms off of so many before losing interest.

Cinderella with her shopping cart full of groceries.

And Monty enjoying the new additions to the family.

Here is our delicious Christmas dinner we somehow managed to pull off. We had roast duck, harvest stuffing, cranberries, fresh rolls, green beans, mushroom casserole, two giggly girls, and one hungry boy. After it was all over I wished we had invited others to eat but I really could not imagine pulling together a big dinner with only one day to prepare.


Okay Cinderella, get those dishes washed!





5 comments:

Rachel said...

Germaine,
Wow! You have had quite the adventures the last few months. I had been checking your blog frequently and wondering when you would post again, but just figured you were really busy. Little did I know all of the drama that had gone on in your lives! I'm so glad to hear how the Lord sustained you through some tough circumstances--an encouragement to me! How good that now you are home (despite the lack of electricity) and everyone is healthy again. Your children look beautiful and Judah especially looks so much more grown up than a few months ago! Wow!

We're so eager to reconnect with you all in a few weeks!

Blessings and love to you all,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Germaine,

What a crazy time you all have had... I am glad that you made it back home after all you have been through!
Glad that you all are back online!

Take care!
Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Goodness!!! What a trip! Sorry to hear you lost a lot of your stuff.

Judah looks like Jerry to me! LOL
He is only 3 weeks older than my granddaughter, Hannah.

Your family looks very happy and blessed.

Happy New Year, Suzie

Teesa said...

Sam has the same pants as Judah. He also has the camo pj set. I love it!

jenni said...

Your family is beatuiful and your faithfullness is an inspriation! You totally rocked the head lamp as a fashion accessory! Way to go!

jenni