The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Manon!

Happy Birthday Manon!

"For the LORD, will bless the righteous; with favor and will surround him as with a shield." Psalm 5:12 Our prayer for Manon's 5th year of life.



For Manon's 5th birthday she asked that we might visit the place of her birth. She has not been to HK since she was 3 weeks old so it was fun to show her around. Some of our very best friends live in HK - the Gurrs. Miranda and I were roommates at Golden Gate before Monty and I were married. Our children are close in age and had a great time getting to know one another.
Marie, Manon, Sleeping Beauty, Sien, Kai and Henna. Hong Kong Disney is a great place to visit. I have never been to Disney and was so impressed. Manon liked the fact that all of the Princesses spoke English even with a southern accent (at first she was shy because she assumed they would only speak Chinese).
Here the children are with Cinderella.
Snow White
And Belle, Henna's favorite.

The parade was awesome and everything had a Christmas theme.
It was a great way to celebrate Manon's birthday. The bad thing that happened that day is that Henna got really sick. Once we were inside the park she began vomitting every hour or so. As you can see in the pictures she is still having a good time - just sick. Thankfully we had the stroller and Miranda had hers so Henna and Judah both could use a stroller. The next day Henna was worse - very dehydrated and still vomitting often. I asked her what I could do to help her feel better and she asked me to take her back to Disney Land and push her around in the stroller. Thankfully we saw a doctor in HK and got her some meds to keep the fluids in and she recovered after about a week. I have never had one of my little ones as sick as Henna was. Manon and Judah also were throwing up but it did not last as long as with Henna.
We had other birthday pictures of Manon but unfortunately they were on our camera when it was stolen.

Jinghong. . .
I forgot to include this with the other JH pictures. Here are the girls with their Peacock dresses on with a real live peacock person. This was taken after the minority dance show.

No comments: