Life has not been dull since returning from Hong Kong. The kids are thankful we got to come back and see their puppies, kitties and guinea pig. Judah is so happy to have the run of the house again, and Manon and Henna are enjoying getting back into the school routine. Yesterday I was reviewing history with them and was amazed at how much they remembered even after a month off. Anyone know of "Sargon The Great"? I kept rereading the chapters because I could not remember the stories they brought up.

Judah and Henna are wrestling on the floor.

Here is Judah modeling his Mongolian outfit that a friend brought down.

As you all know, Judah has two older sisters, and many times, if he wants something, I tend to hand him a doll or some other girlie thing to play with. However, he is still 100% boy! It is so funny to watch him. In this picture he has a toy bad-mitten racket in one hand while taking ornaments off our Christmas tree in the other hand and hitting them across the room! He was thrilled with his new game and kept saying "ball, ball, ball!"

Judah and Henna are zooming around the house on a roller racer I bought them. After taking our friend's for a test-drive in JH, I decided it was a worthy $10 investment.

Here are some neighborhood friends that dropped by for a play date.

No Electricity. . .
We have been several weeks without electricity. It went up in smoke before we went to HK, and we had someone fix it temporarily only to watch it go up in smoke again. Since coming home we have not had any electricity in our home. Thankfully our laundry room has power so we have ran extension cords from the laundry room into our house. We have to take turns plugging things in and plan ahead. I have actually been surprised at how little electricity we can get by with. If I only plug the refrigerator in over night it seems to stay cool throughout the day (I judge by the ice still being completely frozen and the milk not being stinky), and if we plug in the hot water heater in the evening for showers and then unplug it over night the water is still hot in the morning. I also have never cooked without a microwave - it is time I finally learned. I am thankful for the gas oven we brought in from Thailand and how wonderful it works. In the evenings we make sure we are bathed and all ready for bed before it gets dark then we all hang out in the girls' room and read for a bit with one heater running off the extension cord and one clip lamp plugged in for light. It has been sweet family time. At 8:30 we go to bed and stay in bed until about 8am when the sun comes up and it is warm enough to come out from under the covers. Hopefully this week we will get it working again but if not, oh well, we will just enjoy our little-house-on-the-prairie life.
As you can see in the pictures above I am washing dishes with the light of my head lamp. Henna and Manon have been sleeping snuggled up to stay a little warmer through the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment