Out and about in JH

I forgot to mention that it was in the first part of November that we were in JH. We were able to stay with a good friend S. She was so gracious to offer for our family of 5 to stay with her. I was so thankful to get to spent time with her as well as have a normal environment for my family instead of just hotel rooms. We took all of our school books and did our normal routine. In the afternoons for Judah's naps I usually let him nap in the stroller while the girls and I explored the city. Monty was translating for the training usually from 10 am until 8pm so we did not see much of him. Thankfully JH is an easy city to navigate and my Chinese is not too bad (although not too good either) so we made the most of it. We rode paddle boats, ate lots of good Thai food, drank fruit smoothies all day, went swimming, watched a minority dance show, walked the entire city many times, made good friends with the bouncy castle operator (see Manon in his arms above) and bounced at least once a day. The bouncy castle was so close to where we were staying that it made a great daily outing. The guy who ran it would let me know the best times to come so my kids could have it all to themselves - even Judah got to play!
How old are you Judah? ONE!!!Henna and Judah waiting for Manon to hurry and finish her math so we can go out!
Manon and Henna liked staying in an apartment. They would always run ahead of us down the stairs, hide and scream when we came out. I'm sure the neighbors loved it. Toward the end of the 2 weeks they began referring to our home in LC as our "old house." Henna got teary eyed at one point wishing she could have brought her guinea pig. After I explained that we were only in JH for a short time they were relieved. It amazed me how they think we would just totally move without giving them much warning. At least they travel well and can leave behind things of the world - something I was good at until having children made me a bit more centemental.
Henna got trapped in a rock decoration while playing hide-and-seek.
I wanted to take a moment to tell our blogger regulars that I am terribly sorry for not updating our blog in months. I have many excuses and most of them are pretty good. . . no electricity for weeks (and still none but I am using the work/office computer off an extension cord from another building), our computer crashed and I cannot access our files, our laptop fried so updating while traveling was out as well (good news is that the Apple dealer is giving Monty a new computer better than the one he had, yeah!), our camera was stolen so I lost a lot of great pictures along with a great camera, our kids were sick but they are very well now and our one week vacation in HK turned into 3 weeks - I'll save that story for another post:). Thanks for checking in and I hope these photos and stories update you on the adventure our Father is taking us on.




No comments:
Post a Comment