The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Saturday, August 18, 2007

An amusing park

After a very busy 4 months of working and studying we treated the students to a day at the local amusement park. It was a really fun day.

The Log Ride. . .

This was my favorite ride as a child and when I mentioned this Manon and Henna were certain that it was the thing for them to try. Once we were in motion I began to doubt my wisdom as a parent in taking my 2 and 4 year old daughters on a rusty old log ride. But, thankfully our log never derailed and once we were finished Manon insisted on doing it one more time.

Monty and the girls enjoying the swirling dolphin ride. Henna looks a bit bored:).


Roller Skating

It rained during part of the afternoon so I suggested that we all go roller skating. Most everyone thought it was a crazy idea and refused to even try. The girls, our friend who dropped by for a few days and I had a good time. A funny thing is that there are no socks to purchase instead they give you plastic bags to put your feet in. Henna was a bit wobbly but did okay. Manon loved it and at the end of an hour I looked around the rail for her and noticed her out in the middle of the rink by herself. She said she wanted to skate just like mommy. Well, I am not that good but I did not fall - thankfully. The Tea House

We found that hanging out in a tea house playing games is a good way to pass the rainy afternoon.

Here is the little princess Henna being escorted up the stairs.

No comments: