
One night for dinner we made everything for Tacos only to find that we did not have any taco shells in the pantry nor chips. It was a bit disapointing considering we had everything else. Unfortunately, the place we buy chips and taco shells is about 4 hours away so a quick trip to the store was out of the question. I suggested that we eat the taco fixings on bread but Monty did not like that idea too well so we decided to make tortilla chips instead. It was so easy I don't know why we haven't ever tried it before. It tasted so much better than the ones from the store. The girls enjoyed practicing cutting triangles out of the dough and rolling it out. We first made corn chips and had so much oil left over that we decided to try flour chips as well. Now, we have bags and bags of chips, but as delicious as they were, I don't think they will last long.


Our girls love to read. They always have a stack of about 10 books following me around the house asking "but when can we read the rest of these?" I love childrens literature and sitting and reading with the girls but with a new baby I am sorry to say that our reading hours have diminished a bit. We used to read for about 2 hours a day and now some days we are doing good to get 2 books read together. One afternoon the girls were so quiet I knew they must be into mischief so I peeked in on them only to see two very big girls laying together reading quietly. In the second picture you can see that Henna did not want Judah to feel left out of story time. I was curled up on the bed with the girls reading with Judah at the foot of the bed and Henna did not think it was quite fair to leave Judah out so she left story time to read to Judah.

Manon and Judah posing for a picture.

This is Ai Ling with Judah. We have a closet on our front porch where everything that we don't know where to put gets thrown into and the door shut quickly before it all falls out. Finally, I was fed up with it and decided it was time to clean it out. I put Judah under a tree to watch while Monty, the girls and I cleaned. Ai Ling was working in the field near by and noticed Judah sitting by himself with out us playing with him. He felt sorry for him and came and entertained him, singing Wa and Thai songs, while we cleaned. He was a great help!
No comments:
Post a Comment