
Is this a handsome guy or what!

I showed Manon the last post with the photo of her and Judah and she was disappointed that I cut out all of her babies. She asked me to post this picture with her babies so her friends could see them. So, here they are: squirrel, care bear and Aslan. We had a bit of a scare the other night as Manon thought she lost squirrel in the grocery store. I went back and looked for it but did not find it anywhere. She cried the entire way home mourning the loss of squirrel. I felt so sad for her that I called the grocery store and tried to explain what we had lost and asked them to keep an eye out for it (Manon had to teach me the Thai word for squirrel as I did not know it). After hanging up I wondered if they really understood what I was asking or if they were just being polite. I then walked over to a local friend's house and explained the situation to her and asked her to phone the grocery store. She did and said that they would have the squirrel for me the next day. We rejoiced thinking the problem was solved until the next day when we went back to the store asking where the squirrel was. No one seemed to know what I was talking about. I talked to the manager but he had not seen it. I was pretty bummed after spending so much time looking for it. I went back to the car and broke the news to Manon that squirrels is probably lost forever. We prayed that it would become a nice friend to a child that might find it. After Manon shed a few more tears she then found squirrel under the seat in our car. Oh well, at least I learned the word for squirrel .
Out for a walk
We took our first walk as a family since Judah was born. It is different trying to keep up with three and only having two hands. I really enjoyed getting out and exercising again. A couple of days later I asked Monty to join me on a walk up the mountains that we used to enjoy together. After about 15 minutes I realized that it is much more difficult without children to slow the pace down a bit. After 24 hours I realized how out of shape my body was.


1 comment:
I still can't believe how big Jude is! Our Sam is about the same size now as Jude was when he was born, and they're only a week apart! Geesh. I guess Jude will have to protect Sam as they grow up together. You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment