
Did any of you all have and King Cobra hunting Mongoose trick or treating at your home on Halloween? Henna was experimenting with pulling the mongoose's tail while Manon was trying to get a good look at herself in the mirror. "I can't believe I am really a mongoose," is what she kept repeating when she passed by the mirror.We probably would not have celebrated Halloween but Manon has an excellent memory and remembered last year when we were in the U.S. and she got to dress up like a rabbit. She looked at the calendar everyday and asked "is Halloween here yet?" I asked what she wanted to be and she said "Riki Tiki Tavi, of course." We did our best with printing a photo of a mongoose, buying the closest material to a mongoose and designing a costume. The lady who sews for me thought I was crazy for putting so much effort into a play costume but she still did a beautiful job sewing. All of our Thai and Wa friends kept calling Manon a mouse but she replied in great Thai, "No, I am a rodent that eats King Cobras (since there is not a word for mongoose and since Riki Tiki Tavi has yet to be translated)."


Sleeping Beauty Henna crashes after the busy day. I woke her up and she came to the table and ate a huge bowl of soup and then put herself back to bed - what a big 2 year old we have. Henna wanted to be a princess with a purple dress. We even found her a beautiful pair of high heels which made the mongoose a little envious but it was a good lesson about thankfulness and contentment.
To celebrate we baked cupcakes and decorated them for the community in which we live. Instead of trick or treating we walked throughout the community showing off the costumes, saying "God Bless You" and giving out cup cakes. What delicious and beautifully decorated cup cakes they were made by a 2 year old and 4 year old.

2 comments:
Germaine,
What a fun, special and unique event for the girls! They look like they had a WONDERFUL time and how fun that you were able to make the costumes work so beautifully. I am ashamed, though, to admit my ignorance--I am not familiar with the story of Riki Tiki Tavi--enlighten me! Enquiring minds want to know!
Love to you all,
Rachel
Your family is so adorable! The girls are looking so grown up! You look amazing for having a 1 month old girl! Judah is precious, so cute! And Henna feeding him, that's hilarious!
I can just see you handing out cupcakes, great idea! Are you needing anything? Love you girl, Emily
Post a Comment