The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Saturday, March 20, 2010

November '09

Here we are sitting down to a traditional American style Thanksgiving dinner! We even had Turkey this year thanks to Hannah raising and killing it!
My delicious crescent rolls about to go in the oven.
A quick picture snapped while I was busy with last minute preparations and Ezra was pulling at my leg wondering how much longer till we eat.
Ezra sporting his Pilgrim hat.
After a filling lunch Ezra took his baby outside to teach him to walk.

Our friends and children put on a play to explain the meaning of Thanksgiving for our local friends. We had over 100 people come for our Thanksgiving celebration. Thankfully there was an abundance of food and a good time for all who attended. Monty put together a basic quiz about why Thanksgiving is an important holiday for Americans. We realized half way through the quiz that everyone was on their blackberry's using our wireless internet to find the correct answers!
Monty and Wei Laoshi narrated the play.
Our little Pilgrim girls. The children all had lines in the play. The girls had to say "are we there yet?" in Chinese which got lots of laughs. Judah's line was "Welcome Friends" to the Indians - he shouted it out and did great.
Our boys looking cute for a cool November day!
How many children can you fit on one sofa with a mommy - 4 for now!
Ezra is also quite a reader - okay I realize the book is upside down but he is learning:). I can give him a stack of books and put him in his crib to read and he is so content for at least an hour!
Ezra and his big green boots! Actually they are Judah's but Ezra has taken them over since he can put them on and take them off himself. We sort of missed Ezra's first steps. They happened about 3 weeks after his first birthday when I was returning from my mom's funeral. Ezra and I were in the Hong Kong airport at 6 am trying so hard to stay awake to catch our next flight and he just began walking! He first was pushing the stroller around the waiting area and then the let go of the stroller and took off on his own! Since then he has not stopped.

And our cat Rosie is in the back ground. She is a real Siamese cat that we found in Kunming. Unfortunately she only lived a few months. We are hoping to replace her but maybe we will stick with a village cat for now.
I could not resist catching this picture of Judah and "Baby Birthday Bear" (as he named him) sitting on the stairs when they should have been in bed. We are quite strict about once you go to bed you are in bed for the next 12 hours but on this occasion I don't know why Judah was up but he just seemed too cute to pass up!
Here is Henna doing minority line dancing at one of our parties. She is quite a good dancer. Her left and rights were a bit off but who can blame her since she is left handed:).

Now I am only 5 months behind on my blog! I do hope to get caught up soon. There are so many new and interesting things going on that I can't wait to share but it only seems appropriate to catch up first.

No comments: