Manon turned 7 on December 1st! It is hard to believe - since it seems like yesterday that she was born. She wanted a Chinese "qi pao" for her birthday. It was hilarious to me as I noticed her shoveling her bowl of rice into her mouth with chop sticks for lunch (just like the locals eat) wearing her lovely pink qi pao!
Manon was so excited when she saw her "Around the World" cake. This was a theme she had requested. Last summer in the states she found some "around the world" dolls that she fell in love with. I got them and tucked them away until her birthday. She had forgotten how really cool they actually were.
We also served food from around the world! We had pizza, sushi, fajitas just to name a few. Here is a picture of a couple of our friends trying Wasabi for the first time. We explained what it was and they said "no problem" and took a big glob on a piece of sushi. I wish the next picture had turned out - their heads were literally spinning!!!!
Manon got some fun gifts for her little Rosie kitten.
During the afternoon of Manon's birthday we had some fun at the amusement park (actually just a regular park where they got ahold of some leftover relics of old amusement parks). The girls felt quite big and insisted I include this photo of them riding the "Dragon Boat" with NO HANDS!



Monty and I had a Dance competition on the "Dance, Dance Revolution" game. I must say he had the moves and totally beat me.
Here was Manon's big gift - a trip to Hong Kong! Isn't that what every 7 year old typically gets? Manon really loves Hong Kong because you can eat Sushi almost anywhere and she likes the fact that she was born there. The timing worked out perfectly for me to meet up with our good friend Kris Baily from Baltimore. Manon and I had all day Thursday together, Friday we spent the day with the Gurrs and Saturday I was with Kris while Manon hung out with the Gurrs. On Sunday we flew home. It was a quick trip but so worth it. I think I will try to plan a trip to Bangkok with Henna for her 7th birthday!
Manon with the Gurr children, Kai, Marie, and Sien. they were trying to determine if the ginger bread house was to eat or just for decoration.
Here I am with Miranda Gurr. She is my twin separated at birth - although she got the great skin tone, I got the height. We were room mates back at Golden Gate and always love catching up. We love all the same books, home school curriculum and can never tire of talking. I have never met anyone so much like myself although we grew up worlds apart.

Manon and I are saying good-bye to Kris in the airport. I had only spent a few days with Kris last Spring and was really looking forward to the time to get to know her in HK. She was so GREAT! She asked if I had much of an agenda and I said, "no, just to hang out with you and do a little Christmas shopping." The shopping list kept growing and growing while I drug Kris all over HK with my bulging, heavy shopping bags. We had fun talking while stuffing in lots of yummy American food and just doing some fun girl things - hair cuts etc. I really appreciated her inviting me to meet up with her for the weekend - I have not had fun girl time like that in a long, long time. I was afraid Manon might feel jipped by me leaving her two nights with the Gurrs but she was so happy and thought I came to pick her up a bit too soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment