


The last week of January, we had a wonderful week of vacation at Dolphin Bay Resort in Thailand. It was our second time to visit and we plan to visit again. The kids love the beach - they could sit in the sand building castles for hours and hours. Thankfully we had strong sun screen and hats!

We did have an unfortunate accident our second day at the resort. Manon and I were going down the slide together and some how I landed on top of her under water. She sprained her knee and had a hard time getting around for the next week. Here is a picture of one of the times I parked her by the pool trying to encourage her to get in to exercise her knee. Judah thought his sister was missing all the fun and was trying to push her in.

Here is our boat trip. We signed up for a one hour trip out to monkey island and back but the boat driver was so impressed that we spoke Thai that he threw in an extra two hours in the boat free of charge. That might sound fun but when you begin the boat ride at 4pm with 3 kids who have been in the pool all day and you fed your only snacks to the monkeys (thinking you are on your way back) things could get rough. By 7pm when we finally returned we were all ready to be off the boat. Our family loves the Berenstain Bears books and the girls usually give events in our life titles similar to the books they read. For this they named it: "The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Boat Ride!"


And the family picture. . .

"No baby Judah, you cannot swim in the ocean yet!"
Judah loved the ocean and anytime we were near it I kept water wings on him because he would just run out and jump in like he belonged there. He did not like the pool nearly as much and was usually content to play on the side of the pool while we were all in it.

Kisses to Mommy

Throws from Daddy

This is Monty's idea of cheap babysitting in Thailand. For an hour massage it costs about $4, so anytime he wanted a massage on the beach he so
generously offered to give me a break from the girls and took them with him. They loved it and before their time was up I overheard them using
their Thai language again (it seems to come back to them when they really want something) asking for more candy and for
their hair to be braided.

Here is our big boy out for a walk.
2 comments:
I love all these pictures!
I'm glad Manon's knee finally got better... I meant to ask you about it.
Jessica
Beautiful. This is the blog that made Tate say your family has all the fun!
Post a Comment