The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy 33rd Monty!

I love throwing parties - especially for the one I love most! Monty requested grilled food for his 33rd birthday but I absolutely have NO idea how to grill! I borrowed a grill, recruited some help - Jay and Joel (in the photo) and must have called Jay 15 times before the big day to make sure I was marinating and preparing the food properly. Finally Jay told me that grilling in the most simple form of cooking and that I was way over thinking it. Thankfully, all turned out delicious and we had a delightful evening hanging out with friends.
We had Tandoori Chicken with spices straight from India, Alabama Chicken with spices all the way from Alabama and veggie's. For desert I baked Monty a Ricotta-Lemon Cheese Cake from the cheese he has been making for the business. It was delicious even for me and I am not much of a cheese cake fan.
Judah loves giving presents! He puts a lot of thought into gifts he gives and enjoys giving away his own precious toys (even if he does not get them back - but in this case he did). So, for this birthday he gave Monty a teething ring, Gonzo stuffed animal and one of his favorite transformers. He even wrapped the things himself in a garbage bag!
Manon and Henna went in together with the money they have saved over the past few months and bought Monty a basketball goal/dart board. It is actually pretty cool and provides hours of entertainment for our home.
Here is Ezra demonstrating. He insists on using a real sized basketball when he plays although it would be much easier if he just used the little plastic one that came with the set.
The fun thing about living in community is that there are so many that love Monty and MUST celebrate his birthday too. For this party I baked carmel/chocolate/coconut bars. I thought they would be too rich but knew Monty would enjoy it (me too). By the end of the night the entire pan was eaten! Everyone also enjoyed a darts competition on Monty's cool gift from the girls.

Monty's fun joke about turning 33 is that he is now the age Jesus was when he died and what does he have to show for it. I think he is doing alright:).

No comments: