The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Monday, May 31, 2010

Mow-Mow and Jazz

"God has finally answered our prayers!" That was Manon's exact words when we finally got a cat. I love cats and was not opposed to having one but it seemed there were no kittens to be found for months. Sadly, Manon's cat ran away the first week but Judah gladly shared his cat Mow-Mow with Henna (the black one) and Henna gave her cat Jazz to Manon so all is well. Ezra still claims Mow-Mow is his cat but the older ones let him get away with it, "since he is just a baby and does not really know," as Henna said.

I just found these fun pictures that I forgot to post from last month. This was from our week in Kunming. The Langston's happened to be there so Spencer enjoyed an outing with the me and the kids to the Wild Animal Park. It is well worth the time to visit. I will say that it is not very stroller friendly but thankfully Ezra could walk up stairs and I just carried the stroller. In the photo above the girls and Spencer are enjoying the freedom I gave them to stay a few steps ahead of the little ones and me.
Manon sitting on a two humped camel. It looks like the Bactrian Camel we just read about in one of our school books that said there might only be 100 left! It seemed a bit sad to be tied up at the zoo for photos but since we can get a photo I thought we should!
Here are all the children with the peacocks. Ezra was a bit uncomfortable and did not want to relax for the photo with all the birds around.
Here is a sweet picture of my little painters! This is a favorite Sunday afternoon activity. I have been more intentional about teaching Art this year and studying famous artists with the girls. Manon really likes to try to imitate what we have studied. Henna is content to paint fairies and butterflies.

No comments: