
Here We are September 7th, 2008 at 9:08 (31 minutes before Ezra's arrival). The nurse came in with her camera asking us to smile. I said, "you've got to be kidding!" Monty said, "Come on, you will be happy to have a picture of you pushing later." So here is our fakest of fake smiles:).

9:39 p.m. - Ezra Rooke Mowery is Born!!!!!! This is him still at the foot of the bed he was delivered on - what a cute wrinkled face!

Here we are around 9:41 p.m. getting our first looks at our little guy!

Such a sweet baby!!!!!

This was my amazing, helpful birthing team, Dr. Superchai and Barb. The doctor was my back up since my doctor was out of town but let me tell you - he is fabulous!!!!!! This was my first delivery to not tear - even a little and I owe it to him and his help in the delivery.
Barb is a friend of a friend and I had never actually met her until I was floundering on the bed saying, "I really don't think I can do this!" (at about 9:20p.m.). She really helped me pull myself together and deliver my 4th child.

Judah loves his little brother! He cannot get enough of him and is always wanting a turn to hold him - when he can cut the line of his sisters. It is such a blessing to have a baby in the house again.


And here are a couple of up close pictures of little Ezra. The bottom one was taken 15 minutes after birth and the top one with the white hat about an hour after birth. He is doing great - nursing well, sleeping well and not feeling too stressed about the 3 older ones who want to hold him all the time. We are home from the hospital just in time for Henna's 4 year old birthday! Ezra and I are both feeling great and ready to celebrate with Henna. It is amazing how wonderful the post-pardom experience can be with out any tearing! I never could have imagined actually walking around without any pain. Wow! I am so grateful for the wonderful birth experience and grateful for my precious, precious family! Time to nurse again. I will post more details of the birth experience another time.

I like this one - he looks like he is smiling. Monty says he looks like he will as an old man - at least he will be a cute old man.

12 comments:
Congratulations!! I have been waiting and waiting! Great post! I am really proud of all your hard work!! (delivering, not blogging) Welcome Ezra!
Congratulations! I love the name. He's beautiful. I also can't imagine not tearing - sounds like it was a great birth. No water birth though?? :)
Congrats guys! We can't wait to hear about the reason for the names. I'm so glad the birth went so well. I love that first picture. I'm sure if you had a shoe, you would have thrown it! I laughed out loud when I pictured you guys smiling for the shot. My fourth was my favorite. Get some rest.
He's a precious boy. Glad you're doing well too.
Congrats to you all! How exciting to welcome baby #4! Hope the adjustment is smooth for you all!
BLESSINGS!
Erica W
CONGRATULATIOINS! Yay number 4! He is adorable and I absolutely love the name Ezra! I miss you guys!
Love, Winnie
Hey, Congatulations from all of us Langston's who are so excited for you. Our girls are excited to do more baby-sitting back at the Training Center. Sounds like an amazing delivery--so glad the back-up doctor was wonderful. We love you guys and will see you soon. By the way--what did he weigh?
To the Whole Mowery Clan...we are proud and happy for you at the arrival of Ezra. I know the other children are excited to have this little guy here. We are remembering you all frequently when talking with Dad.
Blessings and Welcome to Ezra,
Brandt, Gailia and Amber
What a precious addition to your beautiful family! I was sitting on the couch today while Steven was checking email and he asked if I got the birth announcement. I jumped up and said, "Are you serious? I was JUST thinking about Germaine today wondering when the baby was going to come!" Thanks for sharing the wonderful news with us! And may He be praised for the amazing delivery...it gives me hope for next time! ;) Take care and enjoy sweet Ezra! --Tara Wilkie
Congrats on Ezra's Arrival! May the Lord bless him with a strong and Long life and may he live his life for the Lord! :)
WE sure do miss you guys!
Take care...
Congratulations Mowerys! Good job Germaine! Praise God for such a quick recovery!
Many many congratulations!
Love,
Cousin Jessica, Wes, and Callie
Post a Comment