
Here they are working hard on their school work. Judah loves to be included in "school" time and appreciates it when I make an effort to give him some school work. Henna begins with some work sheets and review of letters and letter sounds, then cuts up her completed work sheets and glues, practices counting etc. and then excuses herself when she is ready to be the teacher and begin her class with Judah. She usually tells me she would like to be a "mommy\teacher" when she grows up, so I am giving her opportunities to practice. Manon's school time usually takes us about 2 hours with distractions. I just received some 1st grade curriculum. I thought it would be a bit fast for her but have found the math to be quite easy. I cannot stop her from completing the work sheets - she flies through them and then begins another. Math and History are her favorite subjects. She has not caught the passion for reading that I hoped she would have at this point but I figure it will come with time. She is currently reading a small chapter book to Henna which I am really proud of her initiating. Manon would like to be a "mommy\veterinarian\ballet dancer" when she grows up.

A special blessing we have had this semester is Miss Jessica. Miss Jessica (as the girls call her) is an education major and took a semester off to help two of the families here on the farm with home school responsibilities. Our family has benefited from an early morning class Jessica offered to all of the younger children. The class is from 8:30-9:30 and Manon and Henna's sole motivation to get out of bed on time, get dressed, do their chores and be ready to go after breakfast. Jessica reads to them, they do some art work and have fun with the stories. This has been great for the girls and also for Judah. It gives me a chance to do "Judah School" and read some board books with him and play without big sisters stealing the show.

Henna was learning to play "hop scotch" in Miss Jessica's class.

What amazing March whether! We actually had a hail storm. It was the closest thing our girls have seen to snow, and they collected some to keep. U
nfortunately I found
their stored ice as wet circles in their jacket pockets.

Amanda, Hope, Manon and Henna all riding on Judah's roller racer!

Judah and Soda Pop making friends.

Monty was serenading Judah but Judah had his nose in a book and hardly noticed. He has followed the example his sisters set for enjoying to look at books. Often before bed we will let them turn on their lamps and read in bed for a few minutes. I thought this would never work with Judah in the room with them, but all we need to do is give him a stack of books in his pack-n-play and he is content to read for 30 minutes!

Here is a very messy boy!

And a very sleepy boy! Usually our local house helper comes in the morning after breakfast and cleans up the breakfast dishes, cooks lunch and has it all waiting for us on the table. On this day I gave her the day off not thinking about how I would have to re-adjust my schedule. I finished breakfast, did school with Judah, walked over and picked up the girls from Miss Jessica's and then we did our normal school routine. At 12pm we finished and I walked into the house forgetting our helper had the day off and instead of finding lunch I found all of our breakfast mess. So. . .lunch was a bit late this day but Judah appreciates his schedule so his body knew when it was 1:30 and nap time and he went right to sleep. Poor guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment