The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Date Day


Our girls love a date with Mommy and Daddy. For this special date they had to accomplish a goal. For Henna it was a "Big Girl" goal of no unnecessary crying for 10 days. For Manon it was a "Young Lady" goal of no spankings for 10 days. You might be impressed at 10 days without crying or spankings but I will be honest and tell you that the 10 days did not have to be consecutive and it took over 3 months to reach the goal! They worked hard and finally did it and were able to choose one special date of their choice. For Henna she wanted an afternoon playing in the ball pit and for Manon she wanted to visit the amusement park. The girls are quite clever and decided to combine their dates so they could enjoy each other's treats. I thought they might appreciate the undivided Mommy and Daddy attention but it seems they would rather share the attention for the company of one another. We had a fabulous day and wanted to share some photos from our adventures.


This ride was a little scary. You are on a rail but I could not see how it was connected other than just sitting on the rail. Once we began peddling we tilted way far to my side (since I weigh about 100lbs more than Manon). I then screamed which made Manon scream. Monty and Henna seemed to think it was funny that we were scared so they peddled up fast behind up and kept bumping us to make us scream even more. Manon and I decided not to do this ride again.

Henna in the bumper cars or shall I say bumper rocket ship.

Manon and Monty went on the log ride 3 times that day.
There is a section of the park that has childrens play equiptment. You have to pay to get into this area. I did not think they would charge me since I was only going in to accompony my children but I had to pay. Although it only cost $0.40, if I pay for something I MUST get my money's worth. I had a good time on the swings and in the bouncy castle chasing the girls around. I probably would not have been so determinded to play had I not had to pay to enter so maybe it was a good thing.

Can you tell which is Manon and which is Henna?


No comments: