The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Our first month in China

Henna loves to clean! Notice she has a flash light in each pocket - our electricity had been a bit sporadic so she was prepared even though it was 10 am.

Judah had some fussy days in the midst of all the transition and unpacking. I think we all had our share of fussy days but his seemed to slow the family down more. I found if I wore him on my back he was much happier so I wore him constantly while cleaning and unpacking. Thankfully my friend's house helper came and relieved my back for a while.


Manon "helping Daddy work!" (Actually Monty's just letting her use up some left over caulking from the fixing the bathroom.)

Judah was also helping Daddy by trying to get the tube into his mouth. Notice his jammies say "Daddy's Little Helper", which he is. We found that even when he was fussiest if we took him outside he was much happier, so he often helped Monty by keeping him company while he worked on the outside of our house.


How do you help a fussy boy in the evening? Well, we just kept Judah in the bath. He loves the bath so in he would go at 7pm with the girls and take a bath with them, then a shower with mommy and then shower with daddy and not get out until after 8pm!

No comments: