The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Nomad Children

Our girls are world class travelers. They know how to pack their own suitcases, hail a taxi and order room service in several languages. They love the adventure of a new hotel, sleeping on the floor and discovering a hidden TV in a cabinet. I think my enjoyment of traveling has worn off on them which makes it so fun! One day, Monty, Henna and Judah napped in the room while Manon and I went for a walk. But Manon suggested that we take a bus for fun. I figured for 20 cents it would be a great adventure - and it was! Thankfully we remembered the name of our hotel so we could take a taxi back once our adventure was over. Here are some photos of our girls being great little travelers.
Henna checking our bags - "don't forget the big one, sweetie."

Manon with her own "Hello Kitty" suitcase. We loaded her down with books and she was a trooper even though it was slightly over weight for a carry on. We asked her to smile and pretend it was light so we could take more books. She decided it was worth it for her precious books.

Here is us having a little fun in the midst of traveling. Thankfully our hotel had a semi-heated pool which was so much fun. We were in it as often as possible. It still felt a bit cool for me but as long as I did not complain the girls did not notice and swam their hearts out. It was quite deep but Manon even took off her water wings for a bit and practiced swimming like a big girl - she did great! Yes, our girls wear swim caps - they love them because they can go under and not worry about their hair sticking in their eyes when they come up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures! I can't wait for the day when our girls are able to travel like yours! Now it is still challenging!
Looking forward to seeing your family!
Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures! Great Blog!