
I cannot believe I almost forgot to post these great Halloween pics! In all the excitement of Oak being born I actually forgot about Halloween (since I was still in the hospital taking full advantage of the 3 nights covered by insurance). Monty and the hands on girls pulled off a great holiday for the children.
Ezra was Superman! Here he is saving the world from falling rocks.
Judah was a Power Ranger. We are not really sure what Power Rangers are or what they do or even if they are good guys or bad guys. We were shopping one day and he saw this costume and loved it since it was blue and came with a mask.
And Henna was a Princess, of course! She is always a princess and always will be since it comes so naturally for her. She loves nothing more than dressing up. 
And Manon was a "Red Skinned Indian." She came up with this idea months ago and had talked about wanting to be this for halloween. Miss Katy was kind enough to sew this costume for her. We swam every day in Thailand and Manon kept saying she was waiting for the sun to turn her skin red so she would really look like an indian. As halloween grew closer she said, "my skin is not turning red - the only thing that is happening is that my bottom is turning white!" We got a good laugh out of that one.
I did find it interesting in CM that the foreign community does not celebrate halloween or autumn festival or anything like that. As I asked other mom's with young children about their plans for the 31st they just gave me a strange look as said, "isn't that a very pagan holiday, why would you want to celebrate???" For us, we have always let our children dress up and eat more candy than a child should and run around acting out the character they chose to be. When we are on the farm we give our neighbors candy and let our kids trick or treat. It is something our kids look forward to year after year.

3 comments:
So cute!!! Manon is getting so tall!
Hey Guys - shoot me an email when you can. I don't have your email addy anymore for some reason.
Miss you!
my new blog: sassacraft.blogspot.com
check it out.
thought i'd let you know!
Post a Comment