
Here is Henna on her way to the U.S. enjoying a layover in the Taiwan airport. We had 6 hours to kill there so I pulled out our school books and we kept up with homeschool. After that we wandered around the airport we soon realized that 6 hours was far too little to spend in this place. There was Hello Kitty World, National Museum, train rides, nature walks and so much more!

This is minutes before we got in the van to head to the airport. Our good friends N&K had their new baby Abigail for Ezra to meet. I think they hit it off nicely - even though Abby slept through the entire visit.

Here we are among many good friends for Ezra's baby dedication.

Judah is at the Hard Rock learning how to balance plates on sticks - pretty good for a 2 year old!

Manon and her best friend Hope are having a bite of cotton candy.

Henna is helping push Judah up the bouncy castle slide. The funny story is that we were attending a conference for other foreigners working in Asia. While having fun at the carnival many people approached us commenting on the size of our family, how well behaved our children are and asking for advice for raising children overseas. After about two hours of this I was feeling like a pretty awesome mom until I looked up and Judah was no where to be seen. . .no where! We started looking at all of his favorite locations, asking others to look, made several announcements over the intercom and then panicked! All I could think about was child trafficking in Asia, all the open water, and anything horrible you can imagine. It took 30 minutes until he was finally found. He was in the bouncy castle sitting behind a blow-up clown watching all the kids go down the slide and just laughing. I must say I was overjoyed to find him and my pride about being a super mom was brought back down. Each day I am incapable without His help.

All 4 ready for a fun day at school while Mommy and Daddy went to school as well. Judah did not cry this year and kept asking "teacher good guy, bad guy???" We had to reassure him that the teacher is indeed a good guy. Then he would respond by saying, "Judah not cry?" "No Judah, you won't cry when we drop you at school."

Our little princesses riding off into the sunset on their pony's. Well, at least rented pony's for the half hour.

2 comments:
OH! Dear! You stopped by Taiwan! This is a fun fun fun place. Hope that you will plot a longer trip here, and visit us in Kaohsiung City in Taiwan for 6 days or more!
Hi guys, don't know how often you check this, but I cannot find your email address. I'm sorry we missed the family reunion this summer--looks like it was fun. I was also sorry to hear about your dad, Monty, and about your uncle, Germaine. Hope Jerry is recovering alright ... you are all in our prayers.
We are thinking about a trip to Chang Mai in October, and wondered if you had tips on places to stay or things to do, especially with an 18-mo-old. Also wondered if there was any chance you could meet us there, for a mini-Smith reunion! :)
Hope you are well, and settling back into life and work there. Returning to HK was harder than we expected, and this is a pretty great and easy place to live!
love, Monte Anne (and Matt and Finn!)
Post a Comment