The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Catching Up!

Here is an attempt to catch our blog up.  I have not been on in 6 months and deeply apologize to our blog fans.  Since Ezra's birth and returning home things have been crazy busy.  For me the biggest thing was not having a helper for Oct., Nov. and most of Dec.  Now, remember, a helper for us is like most anyone else living without a dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, or frozen food/meals of any sort.  Any free time I had was spent cleaning the bathroom, washing dishes, mopping, doing laundry, preparing meals or other fun things like that:).  Monty kept teasing me that it was practice for our upcoming spring in the U.S. but I told him that I would rather not practice.  Often in the evenings when we got the kids to bed I would light candles, turn on music, dim the lights and wink at Monty and ask if he wanted a "date."  He would get excited and say "Yeah Baby!" Then I would toss him the dish towel tell him to dry and I would wash.  I don't think it was quite what he had in mind for a "date" but it kept us eating off clean plates:).  So, here are a few pictures and a couple of stories from October, November and December.  I only have the photos that were on Monty's lap-top so I am missing some but they still give the gist of what we've been up to.  Hopefully soon, I will finish updating and keep things recent as we now are in the U.S. and blessed with high speed internet (something that we thought was only a fairy tale until now).  Also, I discovered our children don't mind a bit of television time.   Thanks to Dora, Diego, Little Einstein's and Wonder Pets (most of which was completely new to our kids), I was able to complete this post! 

Christmas 2008!
Daddy and the kiddo's playing with new Christmas toys.
Ezra at 3 months enjoying the holiday with smiles.
More hay rides!
The Mowery children on Christmas morning.  They were modeling their jammies Grandma sent.  
Christmas Preparations
We spent and entire week getting ready for Christmas.  We made wrapping paper, gifts, fudge, hundreds of sugar cookies, egg nog, mulled apple juice, pine apple ham (the ham came all the way from Kunming!), and lots of other food.  It was really special and a great time with friends, as long as I did not get caught up in productivity.  I was so thankful to have a big kitchen to cook in and have lots of other little cooks with me.

Paulette
Our dear friend Paulette passed away just before Christmas.  
Paulette

Small in name and stature built,
In words, a sword both blade 'n hilt,
No time, nor breath, nor work was spilt,
Yet "spent" she gave it without guilt.

A fire that burned 'gainst evil seen,
And to the cold, a sun's true beam,
Life she poured from her heart's stream,
All strangers, kith, and kin received.

On such a flame earth's light has set,
But not the last she'll see as yet,
By'er Savior's side is she well met,
Our warring, belov-ed friend, Paulette.

---Monty

December times at home 
Mommy and little "boo" as Ezra has been nick named by our family.  It is how Judah says "Bear".
Judah reading books in Chinese with his buddies Nathan and Karis.  
Judah squeezing lime juice into his mouth - yummy!  I love limes!

Happy 6th Birthday Manon Selah!!!!
December 1st we celebrated our first born becoming a big girl. She lost a tooth just a week before and seemed to blossom into such a young lady.  



November was a busy month of potty training Judah.  He caught on much faster than I expected and was motivated by the "choo choo" undies (thomas the train) that his friend Zeeke gave him as a gift.  
Happy Thanksgiving
Here is Uncle Wes teaching Judah and Nathan to play baseball on Thanksgiving.  We had a big shin-dig as we hosted about 60 nationals on Tuesday and then about 50 ex-pats on Thursday.  The day was festive as we played games, watched football, played football and even had a real turkey!  We finished the day dozing on the sofa watching Christmas movies.  It was perfect!

Welcome Miss Kyra!
Our 13 year old friend Kyra came to live with our family for 3 weeks.  She was a great help - crafty, creative and the girls loved her.  She is the youngest child of 5 so for a few weeks she got to feel what it would be like to be the oldest of 5.  I think she appreciates being the baby of her family:).
Happy Halloween!
Manon: Mongoose (3rd year in a row for this oufit), Henna: princess, Judah: race car driver, and Ezra: blue bear.
Ezra at 3 weeks!
Here is our sweet little "Evwaa Wook" (as Judah calls him).  He is three weeks old and has his passport, visa and first plane tickets ready to travel internationally!  Thankfully the first flight is only 2 hours for our newest nomad.  

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY JUDAH TAL!
September 30th Judah turned two.  We had a fun filled day of boy activities.  

Judah loves cars so we took him to ride go carts.  It was a blast.  


For Judah's 2nd birthday we took him to a 5 star hotel for the lunch buffet.  We gave him one of each desert and let him go at it. He thought it was fun but the best part was that we let him drink coffee!  He's always looking at Daddy's coffee and stealing drinks when we're not looking, he loved finally having his own cupful to gum and lick to heart's content!!!!  


PICTURE TIME!


These photo's were taken when Ezra was 2 weeks old.  Our good friend Chris captured these images.  Aren't they beautiful!


5 comments:

Pressing on! said...

Hey guys! it is so wonderful to hear from you all. I don't know if you remember me. My name is Tim, and I met you guys this past October. I did not know you were in the states! Are you planning any trips to the central Texas area? I would love for you guys to meet my wife. We are in the preparations of getting ready to be sent to your neck of the woods (well a little East). We are ecstatic. My email address is timheinze@hotmail.com. If you want to, I would love to hear from you guys and look forward to perhaps one day catching up. Great to hear how things are going there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys
My name is Hsiu-chi and I studied in Oklahoma City University where I knew Emily Williams (who married Todd Marcy) and Joe. I had the same Chinese literature course that instructed by Dr. Wang. Germaine probably didn't know me much.
I was surfing online reading ppl's blogs, and found your names on Alyson's web. I was so surprised!! You have 4 lovely beautiful kids!! You name the little baby "Ezra'? I know the name is related to Jesus, but, excuse me, Monty has been so much into Abercrombie and Fitch...
anyway, it's really amazing that I found you in someone's page instead of Facebook. and I must jump in to say hi. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been "thinking" of you guys as you travel across America. I hope you can share some tips on traveling with little ones.

Did the kids enjoy the snow?

Yesterday I asked our little guy, "Who are your friends?" He replied, "Judah!" Isn't it funny what they remember?

Anonymous said...

I spent like 2 hours reading your blog, it is very beautiful and joyful. I learned a lot of how to have quality time with my kids- Tingyi (girl, born in July, 2001) and Yongxu (boy, born in July 2007). my husband Yolin, teaching in a medical school, and I spent too much time on cleaning the flat when we were home. Kissing our babies and saying "love you" everyday not seem to be enough. And I really don't like my kids getting to much dirt or color on them. We really need to relax and play a little more with them, and have fun of the kids' way.
Dear Germaine, Thank you for sharing "life". The Mowery is a precious family of God.
By the way, at my last post- I had the same Chinese literature course that instructed by Dr. Wang- with Monty.

Carrie said...

So cute! Love the pictures and the updates. Hope the States is treating you guys well. Eat some Mexican food for us!