The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Getting to know Judah

Here is our little guy, Judah Tal Mowery! He was born at 5:17 pm September 30th. His weight was 9 lbs 10 ounces, height 21 and 1/2 inches. He has beautiful blonde hair. We could not see his eyes for the first couple of days but now the swelling has gone down and they are beautiful as well.


Daddy and Judah are getting to know one another. So far, he is soothed by Monty's singing more than anything else (other than a milk snack of course).
The big sisters love baby brother and ask to hold him constantly. They are quite gentle and very affectionate. Just this evening Monty was playing peek-a-boo with Jude while quickly covering and uncovering his face in an attempt to wake him up to finish his supper. When Manon saw Monty putting the blanket on Judah's face she became so upset and informed Monty of the fact that baby Jude could suffociate and actually die from this game and aked him to stop immediately. She is a very protective big sister.


The girls and I are enjoying a smoothie snack in the hospital. There is actually a funny story to go with this. I was feeling quite good after having a baby only 24 hours before so I took off my hospital gown and got dressed thinking, wow, I'm not pregnant anymore! Henna and I went out on a muffin date to Starbucks (in the hospital). While there I ordered a Latte and told them to make sure that it was decaf! The girl working there said, "of course, because you are not suppose to have caffine when pregnant. . .so how many months along are you. . .is it a boy or a girl. . ." I just went along with the conversation not having the courage to tell her that I actually already had the baby.



This is Judah's favorite nurse.

No comments: