The Mowery Family

The Mowery Family
The Mowery Family

Monty, Germaine, Manon Selah, Henna Madelyn, Judah Tal, Ezra Rooke, and Oak Justice

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Our Little Sapling

Oak rolling in the big bed.
Our 6 month-old boy sitting up so well! Henna gives Oak "how-to-sit-up" classes every day. In the beginning it was "push-up" class. Then it turned into "sitting" class. And now "crawling" class. Henna is sure Oak should be doing things by now but just needs someone to show him how. She really has a gift for teaching. The other day Monty got out the checker board and told Judah he wanted to teach him to play. Judah said, "I already know how to play; Henna taught me." They played and Judah almost won!

Here he is - the solid food eater. Oak has grown up way too fast - 6 teeth, sitting well, army crawls from room to room and so on. I kept trying to hold off on solid foods - attempting to prolong his infancy I guess, but Oak is determined to grow up so I had to give in. There was no problem teaching him to become accustomed to solids - he got the hang of it and eats and eats and eats! So far he has tried pumpkin and bananas without any complaints.
Feeding Oak is a family ordeal - all the kids gather together and love to take turns shoveling it in - you have to go fast or he starts to fuss.

Who says a 2 year old can't babysit? Okay, with a little (I mean, a lot) of supervision, then maybe. Ezra likes to be in charge of Oak when Oak is in the swing. He takes the job of pushing him very seriously. He knows the rules: not too high, no bumping Oak into others who might be walking by, no poking sticks at Oak while pushing and so on. Yes, there is a name behind every rule and you can usually spell it E-Z-R-A.
Oak with his buddy En Yu Ling. En Yu Ling likes to come over for play dates. He is twice the size of Oak and only 6 weeks older! Seriously the fattest asian baby I've ever seen.
Oak is a pretty easy baby. He is on a good schedule and is content in our house which has the tendency to be a bit wild at times. Now, when he is in one room and I am in another with the kids he crawls to us because he does not want to miss any of the action. He likes to be included.

"What is this thing on my head? How do I get it off???"
Oak is modeling his "Iron Man" bandana. Thanks Mimi!

2 comments:

老教 said...

A very beautiful family you and Monty have, and a very decent journal you are doing. I use your blog as part of my teaching material, and children love it. Thank you very much!

Mighty McClure Fam said...

germaine, love the pics:) and I simply love the name Oak...stellar really!! I think of you often and hope you are well. Want you to be healthy and know that he is with you at all times. wish you were here to attend a conference with me today. so rich and fun. much love my sweet friend...em