
Here we are at the Oklahoma City Airport, July 30, 2009, about to depart for our 24 hour journey back home. Donnie and Tracy stopped by the night before with these great T-shirts! The red color was perfect for the every 5 minute head count. Actually, Ezra is our only truly "made in China" baby, Manon - Thailand, Henna - USA, Judah - Hong Kong. Just a little Mowery trivia for you:)

How wonderful it is to be back in our own house with our own stuff and own yard! It is so relaxing to be home. We really, truly love our home and it was awesome to see how much our children love it too. Upon returning home I told Judah to go in and potty. He went in the house and came out a few minutes later and said, "where is the potty?" I realized since he was just over 2 when we left he had forgotten our home. After a house tour he asked me to come back to his and Ezra's room and he wanted to know who all the toys belonged to. I told him that they were his and Ezra's. He said, "is it really okay for me to play?" It was like 3 Christmas' and Birthday's combined to watch Judah re-orientate himself with his toys and our house.

Manon and Henna were most excited to re-connect with their sweet puppies - Soda Pop and Cream Soda.

Here we are with our rubber boots on. During the rainy season these are a MUST!

Our little Country Girls!

On the day we arrived in China our friends Hannah and Chelsea also arrived from the U.S. to help us for a semester. They came through an internship program. Their job title was "Frontier Home Management." It combined everything from home schooling, cooking from scratch, hospitality, and just basics of living a healthy life overseas. I really enjoyed supervising this program and am looking forward to future opportunities. Basically when I wrote up the job description I imagined myself at 19 and how hungry I was to learn and serve and all the things I wished I could have learned in a safe environment instead of when my choice was to sink or swim. It did require a lot of my time but the blessings were so worth it. It was wonderful to have help with home school for the days that are crazy and I might just fling some worksheets at the kids - with Hannah and Chelsea school kept right on going even if I was called away. Also, we hosted many events and I was so thankful to have such willing, capable hands in my kitchen to help get everything prepared.

Here Chelsea is making a volcano with the children for Astronomy class. She had no idea coming over that I had Astronomy on my agenda for the semester. In college she almost majored in astronomy because of her interest in it. It was perfect timing for a perfect teacher.

Here is a picture of our house after we had only been back less than a week - do you see the rainbow? Our little camera does not quite do it justice but it was an awesome welcome home banner from our Father!

Here is little Ezra getting his morning snuggles in the bed - he is a snuggle bunny.

One week I was gone in the evenings around Ezra's bed time helping Chelsea teach an English class. Monty was away so Hannah volunteered to come and take care of Ezra until I could nurse him and put him to bed. I was so afraid he might cry the entire time but needless to say everything was fine - Hannah just put the I-Pod on Ez and he enjoyed slow dancing and listening to the music until I got home.

Here is Manon's creation. She dressed up the water bottles as children and made play-dough faces for them.

The main thing I missed when we were away was our evening time of being serenaded by Monty. Our kids missed that as well. Our home really feels like home when Monty picks up his guitar after dinner and plays for us. Here is a picture of Ezra joining in on the harmonica - he is not too bad for an 11 month old!
No comments:
Post a Comment